Digital Marketing for Healthcare Industry in India, is becoming the New Wave of Healthcare Marketing Sector!!
What exactly is “Digital Marketing for healthcare industry?” Does it mean that your dentist is posting before and after snapshots in an online Smile Gallery on Facebook? In addition, will your orthopedic surgeon share videos of patients that have made a miraculous recovery from a partial knee replacement?
Healthcare Marketing In India Has Evolved to Both Online and Offline Media
During the mid-1990s, the Internet became mainstream and forever changed the landscape of digital healthcare marketing.
Today, Digital Marketing for Healthcare Industry in India plays a major role. A local private physician practice can compete with well-established hospitals. Their healthcare marketing begins with their websites as a hub for all advertising activities.
There are a variety of ways to capture a potential patient’s key information on a website, including:
- Contact forms
- Updates with mobile/responsive design
- Clear calls to action
- HIPAA-compliant websites
Much more than websites: online and offline media. Websites are just the tip of the iceberg of an overall healthcare advertising online/offline media plan.
In addition, organic search, paid search, landing pages, social media, and reputation management to help a private practice compete and win.
- The importance of organic search –– The first and most dominant way for a potential patient to find your practice’s particular services online through healthcare marketing is through organic search. This places specific keywords and keyword phrases on your website with a formulaic density.
According to Business Insider report from Custora, organic search totaled 22% of e-commerce orders during Q1 2016, which was higher than any other online medium. While this statistic was for online orders, it’s relevant for organic search for any service.
If you’ve hired an expert in SEO keywords and Google Analytics reporting, most savvy physicians can be found online with organic search. Don’t try writing a website yourself. Your website can be ignored by major search engines if you have the wrong keyword density using certain phrases too often.
- The importance of paid search –– Google created the PPC (Pay-Per-Click) ad industry and made billions and billions of dollars, pennies at a time, with paid search. PPC ads appear as the short, three-line ads you see at the top and on the right side of most web search pages with a green “Ad” logo.
To be successful in reaching more potential patients and to better compete with hospitals –– the upper echelon of savvy, successful doctors deploy annual digital healthcare marketing campaigns with budgets for paid search ranging from several thousand to $10,000 or more per month.
Paid search is flexible, highly effective and can target men and women of certain age groups. It can be turned on and off at a moment’s notice. As with organic search, PPC is best left to the experts who have proven track records and understand the nuances of PPC ads.
- The importance of landing pages –– When a doctor or medical practice promotes a specific service or product, they may have their marketing agency create a website landing page. Since this page is where potential patients “land” so visitors can read a recap of the offer they may have seen in an email, an online newsletter, a print ad, radio or TV commercial.
A landing page has minimal copy and focused on a single offer for easy visitor response. Your website healthcare marketing visitor can respond without other distractions such as links to other pages. Finally, your patient can fill in a few fields on the landing page with personal data then click “submit”.
- The importance of social media –– Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Yelp, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn, and many other social media platforms continue to grow in popularity and fan bases. In terms of popularity, Statista reports that as of April 2018:
- Facebook had over 3.5 billion users worldwide.
- WhatsApp had over 4 billion users.
- Facebook Messenger had 900 million users.
- WeChat had797 million users.
- Tumblr had855 million users.
- Instagram recently topped 900 million monthly active users.
- Twitter had 520 million users.
- Pinterest and LinkedIn each have 400 million users. Your healthcare advertising budget can be stretched thin quickly.
Prospects use smartphones for faster web searches and there are many choices for social media. It may be difficult to decide which social media platforms are the best fit for your business. Most physicians or big pharma companies keep it simple with Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for postings.
The Future of Digital Marketing for Healthcare
What’s next in digital advertising? The one thing we can always be sure of is change.
You could count on your ads working in newspapers, magazine, radio or television, and direct mail in the late 20th century. Today, it’s another story completely as we have to adjust to a number of new technologies.